Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2010-2011 AMRA Calendar (update)  (Read 6530 times)
Milewski

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2010, 11:26:18 AM »

Folks, a few of you have been inquiring as to when/where is the next AMRA race.
Well the good news is, the AMRA board has been hard at work in piecing it together.
It should be posted shortly, to be honest sometime within the next 2 weeks, at the most.
Stay tuned, it's going to be a great season...

Milewski
AMRA - Sec...
AdamMc

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 03:02:24 PM »

This is what I heard:

11/6 Rockstars -- Globe
12/4 XMC --  Grindingstone
1/22 OHV85 -- PMP (TUCSON)
2/5 Faster -- TBD
2/6 OCMC  -- TBD
2/19 Rockstars -- Globe
3/12 TRS -- San Manuel
3/26 OHV85 --  ACP (National western Hare scramble)
4/17 ATR -- Campwood (National Enduro???, no Minis)

That is a lot of races!
TRAJISTO

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 09:37:36 AM »

This is what I heard:

11/6 Rockstars -- Globe
12/4 XMC --  Grindingstone
1/22 OHV85 -- PMP (TUCSON)
2/5 Faster -- TBD
2/6 OCMC  -- TBD
2/19 Rockstars -- Globe
3/12 TRS -- San Manuel
3/26 OHV85 --  ACP (National western Hare scramble)
4/17 ATR -- Campwood (National Enduro???, no Minis)

That is a lot of races!

I don't want to be negative so all I'm going to say is please, pretty please!, utilize Canyon for a Nat'l Western HS and the Mile Markers for a Nat'l Enduro.  Pulleze!!

Travis E

Travis Epperson
MotoCity/Futureshoxs 2011 KTM 300SX
AA #111
Eric Schettler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 01:05:48 PM »

ditto.

camp wood is pretty fun though

AMRA Officer
RSMC VP
TRAJISTO

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 04:13:34 PM »

ditto.

It is fun........but NOT for a Nat'l Enduro!!

Travis E

Travis Epperson
AA #111
Milewski

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 06:02:07 PM »

ditto.

It is fun........but NOT for a Nat'l Enduro!!

Travis E

Travis - as you (probably) well know, It's up to the club(s) to decide to apply for Nationals (HS or Enduros), some care to go that road, some other clubs prefer not; either way, the AMA defines what dates said Nationals will be and AMRA ends up adjusting to what the AMA requires... Right now the goal is to get rock-solid dates, locations and committments....

We'll see what the future holds, but everyone needs to keep in mind, this schedule is 'tentative' .... For example: the Xmc (GS) date is shifting as the landowner has a previously booked committment on that date.....

In addition to the above, AMRA is looking to possibly host a New Rider/Racer Open House at a location & date(TBD) - this would attempt to attract some newbies that may have some level of first race intimidation, sign-up, equip, tech inspection, types of terrain and difficulty, etc...

One club is finalizing some plans for a AZOHV fundraiser ride, again, they are nearing locked down date(s) and location(s), etc.

AMRA would like to book the year end banquet location early on, so as to promote the event, all season long and gain some attendance back as an end result.

Lots of things going on, just need to finalize some items and get the ball rolling...

Look for more announcements soon here and on the FaceBook friends page...

Mike Milewski
AMRA Secretary

« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 06:13:52 PM by Milewski » Logged
Milewski

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 06:06:55 PM »

Also - FWIW (to keep things as correct as they can be)

1. Fastr/OCMC race - 2-5-11 and 2-6-11..... Race format still TBD (ie -  one or two day).
2. RS Spring 2011 race - it will be 2-19 and 2-20, schedule of events remains to be worked out.
3. OHV85 Spring race - it may or may not be a National Hare Scramble.
4. Most will have mini's as well. Exact Mini-Schedule that rolls with the "tentative" 2010-2011 schedule
    referenced above - TBD.
5. Promotional entites that manage Canyon have changed recently, so we'll have to see what
    the future holds for both AMRA/Canyon given that aspect.  AMRA and Canyon go back several years,
    hopefully that continues..

Milewski
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 06:39:35 PM by Milewski » Logged
TRAJISTO

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 06:21:44 PM »

Really it is still in the planning stages, where-ever it is and with what format it ends up with, we can all be assured that OHV85 will provide the best possible venue and will put every effort into a quality event. Hat's off to OHV85 for challenging themselves with (2) AMRA events this season !!! Cool
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 07:53:02 PM by Milewski » Logged

Travis Epperson
AA #111
Milewski

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 07:51:55 PM »

Travis- sorry - I screwed up that quote/post. That was un-intentional. I guess (forgot) I have admin access now..... I'll try to fix it..

Mike
Milewski

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 07:53:52 PM »

Really it is (the OHV85 races) still are in the planning stages, where-ever it is and with what format they end up with, we can all be assured that OHV85 will provide the best possible venue(s) and will put every effort into a quality event(s). Hat's off to OHV85 for challenging themselves with (2) AMRA events this season !!!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 08:01:08 PM by Milewski » Logged
TRAJISTO

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 09:15:05 PM »

Travis- sorry - I screwed up that quote/post. That was un-intentional. I guess (forgot) I have admin access now..... I'll try to fix it..

Mike

No worries......whatever will be will be.  Just afraid of the damage that would be created by having another race like the last one at ACP!

Travis E

Travis Epperson
AA #111
Redrider58

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2010, 02:47:14 AM »

PMP would be so awesome! Also, only a 45min drive Grin

ACP sounds good, but not as a nat'l. That's some serious dust... Cry

Thanks for all the hard work you guy put into this series!

Michael Martin
Heymate
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2010, 04:03:26 PM »

Mike

No worries......whatever will be will be.  Just afraid of the damage that would be created by having another race like the last one at ACP!

Travis E

Travis, The team that put the race on at ACP last season all know that the silty conditions upset some people. They and the hosting club will be working on other options to make it a good race.  Wink - There will be a good variety of terrain and conditions at the different races this next season which will be nice for the riders.  Smiley

AMRA Retired Officer / FAST'R MC Member
SS109

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 06:06:00 PM »

So, can we purchase our 2011 comp cards and request #'s?
Milewski

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2010, 10:12:46 AM »

The Number Request function of the main AMRA web-site.. www.amraracing.com is active.

Comp. Memberships will be opened shortly. Please keep tuned for announcements here and on the AMRA FaceBook page.

Note: that "cards; per se" are not provided for anymore. In order to reduce costs/overhead, the Competition Memberships are tracked internally (and from venue to venue) as they are purchased....

The 2010-2011 rulebook is in final draft form and will be published shortly. That also will be announced, with brief overview of the minor changes adopted to add value to the series...

Feel free to ask more questions as needed.. Time to get "ready to race" !!!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 07:18:23 PM by Milewski » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: