Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Proposed Single Track Project Needs Your Support  (Read 279 times)
GeorgeTRS

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2017, 09:57:56 AM »

Tumacacori, Red Springs Single Track Moto Trail Project

Greetings my OHV brothers and sisters. In the spirit of OHV unity, I am seeking your support of a motorized trail project my club the Trail Riders of Southern Arizona (TRS) have been working on since November of 2014.  This project is the first of its kind on the Coronado National Forest. The objective is to establish a single track trail system for dirt biking riding in the Tumacacori Mountains south of Amado Arizona. What I am seeking is your support for this project by submitting written comment before the deadline of September 29, 2017.

On August 30, 2017 the USFS, Nogales Ranger District posted several informational documents on their website about this project. Using this link you we have access to review the official Forest Service Legal Notice, Scoping Letter and area map.   

https://www.fs.usda.gov/project/?project=51581&exp=overview

Also on this webpage, you will see a link to the area where you can provide comment regarding this project.  Look for the Get Connected heading on the right side of the page. 

So here is a perfect opportunity for you to support this project by submitting your words of endorsement. TRS strongly encourages you do to so before the deadline of September 29, 2017.

My personal view is the location is ideal as it is seldom used and does not present any immediate user conflicts; we will be using a high percentage of already disturbed ground, and the soil and terrain are such that on going maintenance will be minimal over time. This project represents the first official single track motorized trail on the entire Coronado National Forest. It is hard to explain why this is, but is certainly not consistent with other districts in Arizona or the USFS Southwest Region, especially Colorado as an example. Once established, I believe very strongly the local user community (TRS and others) will be very active in maintaining this trail system. 

Sincerely,

George Wysopal
President, TRS
OHV Ambassador
AMA #300530
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: