Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: "5 lap race!!" Santa Rita Rnd 2  (Read 771 times)
motofish

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2017, 02:06:22 PM »

I'm extremely disappointed with the Santa Rita race.  Do try and be a nationally recognized series and tell everyone no less than 4 times at the riders meeting the race is "5 laps" and then because you made a mistake and thought they had only done 4 and you were told about it after just the 1st & 2nd bikes came through that you made a mistake which happens but u didn't do the right thing and use the finishing order after lap 5 is WRONG.  You could have easily just used the times from the end of lap 5 because that is what guys were racing too on both fuel/pit/energy strategy.  

Guys/gals put a lot of effort into coming to these events and you did them a big disservice as some had to make an extra pit or doesn't all of their energy on what they thought was the last lap...5!  Some even ran out of gas on lap 6.

Do the RIGHT thing and use the times from lap 5.  

Someone stand up for AMRA so we can be a legit series.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 02:08:38 PM by motofish » Logged
motofish

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 06:30:13 PM »

I'm extremely disappointed with the Santa Rita race.  Do try and be a nationally recognized series and tell everyone no less than 4 times at the riders meeting the race is "5 laps" and then because you made a mistake and thought they had only done 4 and you were told about it after just the 1st & 2nd bikes came through that you made a mistake which happens but u didn't do the right thing and use the finishing order after lap 5 is WRONG.  You could have easily just used the times from the end of lap 5 because that is what guys were racing too on both fuel/pit/energy strategy.  

Guys/gals put a lot of effort into coming to these events and you did them a big disservice as some had to make an extra pit or doesn't all of their energy on what they thought was the last lap...5!  Some even ran out of gas on lap 6.

Do the RIGHT thing and use the times from lap 5.  

Someone stand up for AMRA so we can be a legit series.

Edit:  *some had to make an extra pit or USE all of their energy on what they THOUGHT and were told at the riders meeting was going to be the LAST lap.

Racing 101 is any directive given at the riders meeting is what goes and that is why they are mandatory that people have to go to them and listen and othwerwise why should anyone go to a riders meeting a pay attention to the race organizers.  This is setting a horrible presedent.  Common sense should prevail and the end of the race should be after 5 laps---exactly the length of the race according to the directive given repeatedly at the riders meeting.  AMRA officers need to step-up and fix this is.  The fact that the race organizers went around telling everyone that they screwed up and they are sorry is not enough......just fix it.  It's that easy.  The times after 5 laps should be final.  I heard a guy in the 30A class ran out of gas on 6th lap....that is not fair and I heard from numerous riders who gave it all they had on lap 5 because they thought it was the last lap and then they were tapped out on lap 6 which they didn't know they were going to have to do.
xtreme6669

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 09:17:28 PM »

30A guy ran out of gas on lap 5...  I personally am fine with the tesults either way but I donít think they need to be changed. Clubs sometimes have to make a decision on the fly and if they feel it was the right move for whatever reason then so be it IMO...

Nick Fouts #116
motofish

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 10:55:30 PM »

that's the flaw in the argument....it wasn't an "on the fly" decision they made to do 6 laps...they were always planning a 5 lap race and that's what they thought they were doing all day.  The decision to use the 5th lap times as race final doesn't need to be changed on the fly and they didn't make a decision to do the 6th lap on the fly. They made a mistake, which isnt a big deal because it happens & nothing runs perfect, but they actually thought the lead riders had only completed 4 laps when they had actually done 5 because the computer was telling them so.  So they thought they were sending the riders out for the 5th and final lap and it wasnt that they made a "decision" to do a 6 lap race they just lost track because the computer said so and aren't willing to man up and admit they made a mistake AND make it right.  This was brought to their attention right after the top 2 or 3 riders came through so they could have even stoped it then but The mistake isn't the problem.  Being unwilling to due the right thing for those who got screwed is the problem.

that's why there is a protest period and they have all the times from the end of lap 5 which is when they said the race was over so they could change it now or this week etc.  It obviously didn't negatively impact you so of course you wouldn't care either way but for those that it did impact they do care and for those who want the series to be recognized as a great regional series then you have to stick to what you tell the riders during the riders meeting. Period.  You cannot extend the length of the race after the start so the riders have no clue  that are out there battling and have a pit strategy and pushing towards the end the race (lap 5).  I cannot think of a reasonable argument as to why it makes any common sense to NOT throw out the 6th lap.  That's a big punch in the gut after going all out.
DSs Dad

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 10:14:52 AM »

"on the fly" should not be after final riders mtg period. Sounds like legitimate claim for 5th lap times and simple fix.   
xtreme6669

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 07:32:53 PM »

I would imagine that anybody that made up ground on that sixth lap would be awfully upset if it was thrown out.  Iím sure itís a lose/loose situation

Nick Fouts #116
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: